- I have begun posting a series of work-in-progress dossiers intended to help American scholars and students in their use of Alexander Vassiliev’s Notebooks as a historical source. The first three dossiers have been added to Dossiers category and there will be more to come.
- There are now more dossiers added to the Dossiers category.
- Many new biographies have been posted since the time this page was updated for the last time.
- We’ve begun posting a new group of dossiers: Dossiers on Alexander Vassiliev’s Notes.
- Other new dossiers have been added to the Dossiers category.
- The American Communism section is now live and contains documentary records from Whittaker Chambers’s Communist Party past.
- The Venona Files section is also live and contains investigative biographical references on some of the people behind the pseudonyms found in Venona cables.
- Other new biographies have also been posted.
- The Pseudonyms section has been significantly expanded.
DocumentsTalk has been expanded with four new postings:
- The Pandora’s Box section has been enabled with a detailed overview.
- The biography of Whittaker Chambers has been significantly expanded to incorporate some of the most recent Russian revelations.
- Many new biographical references have been posted, including those of the “residents” of Soviet intelligence services in the United States in the 1930s and 1940s.
- A new DOSSIERS category has been added to the Index.
We’re excited to announce that DocumentsTalk.com is now live. The site offers an in-depth exploration of key episodes in Cold War history, featuring translations of Soviet files, transcripts of court cases, scanned images of essential documents, and a virtual encyclopedia of topical references.